Lou Schorsch to Deliver Keynote Address at Making It Here
Louis Schorsch, Executive Vice President of Arcelor Mittal, will discussing the future of American manufacturing in the keynote address Making It Here: Manufacturing Our Energy Future in Cleveland July 11-12, 2012.
No stranger to the BlueGreen Alliance Foundation, Dr. Schorsch spoke at the first Good Jobs, Green Jobs conference in Pittsburgh in 2008 along with the 2010 Good Jobs, Green Jobs conference (watch a video of his 2010 address below).
At this year’s Good Jobs, Green Jobs East Regional Conference in Philadelphia, BlueGreen Alliance Foundation David Foster spoke about Dr. Schorsch’s 2008 speech.
“Four years ago, one of the speakers at our Good Jobs, Green Jobs conference in Pittsburgh came to us as one of the CEOs from one of the largest steel company in America: ArcelorMittal. Not an industry that most would think of as a green industry, but Lou Schorsch reminded that us we couldn’t produce 25 percent of America’s energy from its wind resources without the 300 tons of steel that go into every wind turbine. That we couldn’t build the high-speed rail, mass transit, or freight rail systems without the steel that we need. That we can’t have the electric vehicles, high-efficiency appliances or the carbon neutral building systems required without the steel that such a massive overhaul would require.”
Learn more about Dr. Schorsch here, and sign up today to attend Making It Here 2012: Manufacturing Our Energy Future in Cleveland, July 11-12. This exciting conference will discuss America’s advanced energy manufacturing future with 15 workshops discussing the economic potentials of America’s wind, solar, natural gas, industrial energy efficiency and advanced transportation sectors.
P.S. Enter discount code BGAF to sign up for this exciting conference for only $395 — a $200 savings. This price does not include the optional dinner cruise, which is an extra $50.
Recent Blog Posts
- From Sierra Club: Green Fleets = Green Jobs
- From Sierra Club: Scenes From Good Jobs, Green Jobs
- From UCS: Could Renewable Energy Power Industrial America? It Already Does!
- From CWA: We Need Good Jobs, Green Jobs
- From MCLV: News from the Good Jobs Green Jobs National Conference
- Dude, Where’s My (Fuel-Efficient) Car?
- Building a Clean Economy Requires Strong Leaders and Perseverance
- Building Our Infrastructure
- How We Get From Dangerous Chemicals to Safer Chemicals in the Workplace
- Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood & Nancy Pelosi Address Good Jobs, Green Jobs