For the past six years, the Good Jobs, Green Jobs National Conference has emerged as the leading American forum for sharing ideas and strategies for growing a green economy that creates good jobs and preserves the nation's economic and environmental security.
The 2013 Good Jobs, Green Jobs Conferece in Washington, D.C. ignite the ideas and strategies that will create good jobs in these areas — jobs that contribute to the environmental and energy solutions that this country needs to compete in a global economy.
The first Good Jobs, Green Jobs National Conference was held in March of 2008 in Pittsburgh with nearly 1,000 attendees. At the 2009 Conference in Washington, D.C., nearly 3,000 gathered people to share ideas and strategies for building a green economy that creates good jobs and protects the environment. In 2012, over 2,500 people from over 900 organizations attended the four Regional Conferences that were held in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Detroit.
Since then, the Conference has attracted thousands of business and community leaders, elected officials, union members and environmentalists for this unique strategy session on building a stronger, cleaner and more prosperous American economy. Past speakers have included EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson, Energy Secretary Dr. Steven Chu, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Senator John Kerry, in addition to a multitude of corporate, environmental and labor leaders.
Please take a moment to to view videos and photos of the past conferences.
Picture: USW International President Leo W. Gerard joins
White House Council on Environmental Quality Chair Nancy Sutley,
Center for American Progress President & CEO John Podesta, and
UCS President Kevin Knobloch for a panel on clean energy manufacturing.
Recent Blog Posts
- From Sierra Club: Green Fleets = Green Jobs
- From Sierra Club: Scenes From Good Jobs, Green Jobs
- From UCS: Could Renewable Energy Power Industrial America? It Already Does!
- From CWA: We Need Good Jobs, Green Jobs
- From MCLV: News from the Good Jobs Green Jobs National Conference
- Dude, Where’s My (Fuel-Efficient) Car?
- Building a Clean Economy Requires Strong Leaders and Perseverance
- Building Our Infrastructure
- How We Get From Dangerous Chemicals to Safer Chemicals in the Workplace
- Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood & Nancy Pelosi Address Good Jobs, Green Jobs